Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend Update Deux

This weekend's word: Overwhelming. - adjective 1. that overwhelms; overpowering: The temptation to despair may become overwhelming. 2. so great as to render assistance or opposition useless: an overwhelming majority.

Therefore, I'm moving onto The Highlights of the Weekend:

- I have the best when it comes to best friends.

- Catching part of the Chelsea/LA Galaxy game, discussing the future of soccer in America, then enjoying much-needed inebriation due to drinking Peruvian cocktails made with Pisco.



- Finally having my car washed and detailed. I'm not quite sure why it smells like polished leather considering I do not have leather seats. Maybe ashtrays smell like leather and I never realized it. I did not enjoy the racist old white women sitting with me at the carwash. Just because I'm white doesn't mean I'm going to sit with cranky white women and bitch about why my car isn't washed, waxed, and detailed in 10 minutes. One of them almost said 'wetback,' and I almost died. I sat outside and visited with those poor bastards having to clean out my nasty car.

- Walking Lucy through the pet supercenter and paying someone to clip her nails. It was worth the $8.

- Being a good little future instructor and starting work on my fall semester lesson plan.

- Continuing on the diet and losing 7.6 pounds in the past 10 days. Who would've thought that I'd actually like my scale?

- A David-Bowie themed Flight of the Conchords.

No comments: